Pakistan and seven other Muslim-majority countries have condemned Israel’s rejection of a proposed road map aimed at implementing US President Donald Trump’s comprehensive plan to end the conflict in Gaza.
The foreign ministers of Pakistan, Egypt, Turkiye, Indonesia, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates issued a joint statement on Sunday opposing Israel’s rejection of the road map, which was endorsed by UN Security Council Resolution 2803. They also criticised Israel’s rejection of Palestinian statehood.
The countries said Israel’s position undermined international efforts to establish a lasting peace and placed responsibility on Israel for obstructing attempts to end the conflict in Gaza and the occupied Palestinian territories.
According to the statement, the road map was accepted by Palestinian factions and developed through efforts by mediators including Egypt, Qatar, Turkiye and the United States. Its proposed measures include the disarmament of armed groups, the withdrawal of Israeli forces, deployment of an International Stabilisation Force, transfer of administrative control to a Palestinian committee and reconstruction of Gaza.
The ministers called for continued and active US involvement to ensure Israel complies with the commitments under the plan and to prevent further delays or obstruction.
They also said Israel should be held responsible for any consequences arising from continued rejection or non-compliance, including worsening conditions on the ground and further disruption to efforts to end the war.
The eight countries urged the immediate implementation of the plan to address Gaza’s humanitarian crisis, improve security and stability, and support reconstruction and recovery. They also stressed that Palestinians must be allowed to exercise their right to self-determination and establish their own state.
The statement strongly rejected any unilateral attempt to prevent Palestinian statehood and reaffirmed support for a two-state solution. It called for an independent and sovereign Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital, in accordance with international law and relevant UN resolutions.
The foreign ministers also called on the Board of Peace, with US support, to take immediate steps to protect the integrity of the road map and advance the second phase of Trump’s plan.
Netanyahu rejects Gaza plan
The joint statement followed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s rejection last week of the Gaza plan backed by Trump. Netanyahu said Israeli forces would not withdraw until Hamas was “genuinely” disarmed.
The US-backed proposal called for Hamas to surrender its weapons to a new Palestinian governing body, with Israel beginning its military withdrawal alongside the disarmament process.
Israel has rejected this arrangement and has demanded that Hamas completely give up its weapons. Following a meeting with Netanyahu, the Board of Peace later indicated that Israeli forces would only be required to withdraw after “complete” disarmament.
Netanyahu has also faced pressure from far-right members of his coalition, who have urged him to reconsider the Gaza plan as he seeks to maintain political support ahead of elections.


























































































