LONDON (MNN); British police have continued searching the former residence of Prince Andrew for a second consecutive day after questioning him over alleged misconduct in public office connected to his long-standing association with convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein.
The property being examined is the 30-room Royal Lodge on the Windsor estate, previously occupied by Prince Andrew, whose formal name is Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. The 66-year-old royal was detained for 11 hours before being released under investigation. Authorities are examining claims that he shared confidential British government documents with Jeffrey Epstein.
Police also carried out searches at Wood Farm, located on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where the prince is currently residing. Unmarked vehicles believed to belong to law enforcement were observed entering the Windsor grounds throughout Friday morning as the investigation intensified.
Thames Valley Police confirmed that Prince Andrew has not been charged and remains under active investigation. Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright stated that a full probe into alleged misconduct in public office has now been launched. If convicted, the offence carries a potential maximum sentence of life imprisonment and would be tried in a Crown Court, which handles the most serious criminal cases.
In a rare personally signed statement, Charles III said that “the law must take its course,” seeking to project stability during what observers describe as one of the most turbulent episodes in the modern history of the British royal family.
Prince Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing related to Epstein. However, millions of documents released by United States authorities indicated that their association continued even after Epstein’s 2008 conviction for soliciting prostitution from a minor. The documents suggested that while serving as the UK’s special representative for trade and investment, the prince may have shared official reports concerning investment prospects in Afghanistan and assessments of Vietnam, Singapore, and other countries.
Separately, Thames Valley Police have previously stated they are reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the United Kingdom by Epstein for a sexual encounter with the prince, though officials clarified that the recent arrest was unrelated to that claim.
In 2022, Prince Andrew settled a civil lawsuit in the United States filed by the late Virginia Giuffre, who had accused him of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager at properties owned by Epstein or his associates. The settlement did not include an admission of liability.
Other police forces across the UK are conducting parallel investigations into Epstein’s connections within the country, including scrutiny of airport flight logs. London’s Metropolitan Police said it is working with US counterparts to determine whether major airports, including Heathrow, may have been used to facilitate human trafficking or sexual exploitation.
The force has also requested that current and former protection officers assigned to Prince Andrew review whether they witnessed or heard anything relevant to ongoing inquiries. So far, no new criminal allegations relating to sexual offences have been reported within the Metropolitan Police’s jurisdiction.
The detention of Prince Andrew, who is eighth in line to the British throne, marks an extraordinary development. The last British royal to be arrested was Charles I, who was executed in 1649 after being convicted of treason.






















































































