NEWS DESK (MNN); Pakistan has carried out strikes on seven alleged militant camps and hideouts linked to the Pakistani Taliban, referred to by the state as Fitna al Khwarij, and its affiliates, as well as the Islamic State-Khorasan Province, in border regions along the Pakistan-Afghanistan frontier, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting announced early Sunday on social media platform X.
According to the statement, the action followed a series of recent suicide bombings inside Pakistan, including an attack at an Imam Bargah in Islamabad, incidents in Bajaur and Bannu, and another attack reported in Bannu during the holy month of Ramazan.
The statement said Pakistan possesses what it described as conclusive evidence that the attacks were carried out by militants acting on instructions from Afghanistan-based leadership. It added that responsibility for the incidents was claimed by factions associated with the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and the Islamic State – Khorasan Province.
Describing the operation as a “retributive response,” the government said the strikes were conducted through intelligence-based, selective targeting of the identified camps and hideouts.
The statement emphasized that while Pakistan remains committed to regional peace and stability, ensuring the safety and security of its citizens is its foremost priority.
It further stated that despite repeated requests for the Afghan Taliban authorities to take verifiable steps to prevent the use of Afghan territory by militant groups for attacks against Pakistan, no substantial action had been taken.
Pakistan reiterated its expectation that the interim Afghan government fulfill its obligations and prevent its soil from being used against Pakistan. It also called upon the international community to play a constructive role by urging the Taliban administration to honor its commitments under the Doha Agreement, particularly the pledge to stop Afghan territory from being used to threaten other countries. (UPDATED)
An explosion reportedly struck a militant hideout in the Bermal area of Afghanistan’s Paktika province, Afghan media outlets said, citing local sources.
According to the reports, jet aircraft carried out an airstrike in Bermal district, destroying what was described as militant infrastructure. Afghan sources indicated that the attack targeted armed groups operating in the area.
Pakistani media, quoting official sources, claimed that the strikes were conducted by the Pakistan Air Force and that militant training camps inside Afghanistan were eliminated during the operation. However, there was no immediate independent confirmation of the details.
Following the reported strike in Paktika, another attack was said to have taken place in the Khogyani district of Nangarhar province. Afghan media added that additional airstrikes were reported in the Ghani Khel, Behsud, and Argoon areas after the initial incidents in Khogyani and Paktika’s Argoon district.
The exact number of militant casualties could not be confirmed, and authorities had not released an official statement regarding the damage or losses at the time of reporting.




















































































